Happy Earth Day, Zwinks!
Toss your soda cans in the recycling bin and get your seed packets ready – today’s the day to make your New Earth Year resolutions! We here in Zwinktopia are off to a great start. Thanks so much to everyone who submitted items to help spread awareness and love for Ma Earth. Creative messages are fundamental to revolutions!
Take a peek at the gorgeous eco-friendly clothing and room designs above. Then, read on and arm yourself with awesome info and artistry from your fellow eco-minded Zwinksters. Lastly, stay tuned for a cool video that shows you how to make an Earth Shirt in the Fashion Design Studio.
And apologies for any confusion, but the images posted here are not for a store. This is just a collection of Earth Day tributes that showcase your ideas and creativity, just like we did last year.
Make sure to add your eco-advice or Earth Day tribute in the comments below!
Enjoy, with big hugs to trees…and you!
cutiecutiekl: did you know the more you recycle the lesser polution we have? well to make this difference better you can recycle stuff like: plastic,paper,cans,water bottles and many other things to make our earth more cleaner and friendly positive.
*also composting also makes a big difference to the earth because instead of throwing big old scraps away u can u them for soil instead of throwing em away u also get more soil that way xd you can compost: fruit and vegetable peels and left overs from lunch or dinner
*also to make the earth better please don’t litter and instead help the earth by planting more trees and using friendly like devices to make the earth better
*and finally don’t waste much trees for example take paper u should always use the back of the page also and use as less as you can because the more paper you waste the more you kill trees causing there to be less oxygen for us in the world
so don’t hate the earth appreciate it and find more possible ways to make our earth better thnx chu
happy earth day!
92_angel_92 (Description of her clothing design above.): My submission for Earth Day; an outfit to try to make people aware of what Global Warming is doing to our planet. I’m especially concerned, as we treat this planet so badly… Some people aren’t even aware what throwing even the one empty bottle on the streets does… One day, this world will end because nobody seems to care about it, and they won’t even know that it is happening.
austin099: There are tons of ways to help save the earth! Here are a few tips that can help YOU keep our world a happy place.
1) If a room in your house is empty, turn off all of the lights in that room to save energy.
2) If you have something like a phone charger, computer, or TV plugged in and it’s not turned on, unplug it.
3) Fix all leaks and turn off any running faucets in your house to save water.
4) RECYCLE!!! You can recycle things as simple as paper.
Be sure to spread the word!!!!!!
brenjazz (This poem is on her room design above but is covered by the slideshow control.):
save the world from impending doom
by recycling all the trash in your room
show mother nature what your worth
by looking after our planet earth
everforever12: Hey! The earth is our friend The ONLY planet we could EVER survive on. So here’s how we can help it:
1. Turn off sink water when toothbrush is in mouth
2. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
3. Don’t litter
4. If you see someone litter use gloves and/or a stick to pick it up and throw it out
5. Plant many flowers and turn trash into soil! The earth gives you the supplies to look
pretty/handsome we might as well let the earth look that way too!
6. Be good to animals! Don’t hunt for fun
7. Get a bunch of people together to clean the earth.
8. Put up signs against littering!
9. Help those in need [they're on earth therefore they are a part of it] INCLUDING ANIMALS!
10. Love the earth as much as it loves you. :]
11. Ride bikes or walk/run/jog instead of using motorized or gas filled vehicles. Don’t pollute the air.
That’s all I’ve got for now but trust me I will experiment and research for next Earth Day! Hopefully the tips will be even better. Be sure to do all these things. You have to do them too zwinky creators.
nice_girl455: I’m am so proud to say some of my tips about recycling, one of my tips is, always recycling everything you can. Make sure u don’t throw away objects that can be recycled. Never ever leave trash on the ground or any where.
And, for a great eco-friendly Fashion Design Studio tutorial, here’s a video by p0w3rrpuff_justin: